Thursday, August 12, 2010

Karin's Top 10 Sights: Number Two...Ireland



Ireland and...its stones. Yes, stones.


Magically delicious? No, that doesn't do Ireland justice especially when its Lucky Charms cereal that Lucky the Leprachaun is referring too. Mmm...mini chemical injected pavlovas swimming in a mass of crunchy 'whole grain' alphabet letters. How magical. No, I would go with astonishing vast sea of grass with each strand handcrafted by the hands of God and the authentic look of each individual stone tucked in tightly beside its neighboring stones to make one overwhelmingly, never ending, artistic wall. Too long? Too Cheesy? Okay maybe but this photo is how I like to think of Ireland. Throw in a castle or two and we're good to go. At this very moment you quite possibly could be thinking, 'Okay Ireland is beautiful, but England and Scotland kind of have the same feel to them, why choose Ireland?' Well, first of all we're only on number two (although I don't think either of those two countries made it on my top ten...oops!) And second of all I'm fifty percent sure that Shrek is Irish. I know, not very convincing. As of five minutes ago I was sure he was Irish and then I thought I should do some studies to be sure of my Shrek knowledge and it turns out there is a debate on the worldwide web about whether Shrek is in fact Irish or Scottish. If this really intrigues you be sure to check out the Facebook page, 'Is Shrek Irish or Scottish?' No joke. So nevertheless my statement is not strong BUT this I know for sure, P.S. I Love You was definately filmed in Ireland and who doesn't love that movie? Boys, shut it. Here's a photo for the girls.

                                          *Sigh*

Okay, so the reasons I've shared aren't very meaningful or profound but those movies aside, let's face it, Ireland is beautiful, historical and romantic. It's where I want to go.

So there you have it, Number Two. I decided to scrap Wikipedia by the way. The other day a friend said, "I checked out your blog the other day. I didn't read the Wikipedia stuff, though." And I said, "Ya, I didn't either." Haha. So, I thought it best to leave that out but I do enjoy Rick Steeves so here's another link for you to enjoy:   Ireland

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha... my first thought at your first photo was, "Hey - that looks like England," but seriously... the Irish accents are sooooo much more swoon-worthy. I covered Northern Ireland and from what I've seen and heard, the Republic of Ireland is more scenic and the people have thicker accents. I've heard the west coast is best. If you love the countryside, rent a car, get out of the city and explore the back roads... so gorgeous. Oh wow... this is making me "home-sick" for my life over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, I'm super stoked that the relation between lucky charms and pavlova made it onto your blog... also... I think you need to add the info about leap year (now there is another Irish hubba hubba!).

    p.s. I totally read the wikipedia, but I'm kinda a nerd that way :)

    ReplyDelete