Thursday, September 16, 2010

Must See Sight Number Eight: The Louvre, France


The Louvre, France


                
               "Art is never finished, only abandoned." - Leonardo Davinci


Hmm...I am feeling a little sleepy right now and not quite sure what to write except that I really would like to visit the Louvre. "Duh," you're thinking, "that's why it's on your top ten places to see". It's true. Well, I'll tell you something I suppose. The first time I heard of the Louvre was hmm...must've been the Spring when a friend of mine was showing me some of her photos of when she visited France. She excitedly said, "...and I visited the Louvre as well! It's massive!" I didn't hear the very important 'V' so I thought to myself, 'The loo?...like a big massive toilet?' Of course I knew this wasn't true, or atleast hoped it wasn't true as that would be quite a frightening sight...or on the otherhand very intriguing but anyway, I decided to be patient and let her show me the photographs. 'Ooooh...the louVre!' Very cool.  It is massive and full of all sorts of things! Yep, that's about all I know and it's in Paris incase you happen to be just as uninformed as I once was. Suppose I could write more when I'm actually there so I will leave it for now and here is Rick Steeve's for ya, he's got the goods...The Louvre

4 comments:

  1. Huge... all day... prioritize what you want to see... it's an insanely HUGE place... but worth going to be able to say you went there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya I heard its amazing but not sure I will get to see it all thats for sure. Enjoy what I can I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks cool! Those good ol' Vallee Girl ears huh? :) Miss those :) Which friend was it??

    ReplyDelete